We are currently moving all the recipes from this blog so that they can be in one place on our growing blog ( http://jackrabbitgrowing.blogspot.com ). Please bear with us, and sorry for any repetition till this process is complete.

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Tuna Steaks with Sumac

I had never used sumac before. A customer asked me to get some, and as soon as I opened the bag, I knew that it was something that I wanted to try, it was so sweetly fragrant. I browsed the web and found so many people highly rating it for it distinct fruity flavour, so I'm going to be trying lots of recipes myself, and here's the first I've tried, and it's a super easy one as well (which is even better).
YOU WILL NEED
2 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp sumac
4 pieces of 200g tuna steaks (7 oz)
Salt & pepper to taste
METHOD
1.
Combine the oil, garlic and sumac and coat the tuna, seasoning well.
2.
Oil a grill plate or chargrill pan (a frying pan will do if you don't have these), and heat it on a medium heat, adding the tuna when hot, and cooking for 5-6 minutes on each side (or till cooked as desired).
A great accmpaniment is saffron rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment